Consumers cannot dine in restaurants and while carry out business is keeping many restaurants alive, the vast majority of food consumed it taken home to be prepared or at least reheated.
As a retailer or a convenience store, you need meals that you can prepare quickly, use ingredients within the store or available from any foodservice distributor, wrap safely and put out for someone to take home. Consumers are looking for meal ideas and pizza almost always looks good.Plus, with more time on people's hands, doing some cooking appeals to many families, which is why some retailers are actually selling just the crust. Whether you top it or not, ItalCrust will give your customers a quality that has never before existed in a pre made crust.
Ready for the next step?
1) Develop a strategy
- Do you want to place prepared pizzas out, just sell the crusts for people to make their own, or do both?
- Do you want to pre wrap your pizzas or display them "freshly topped", then packaging them to order like salads or deli meats?
- How do you want to wrap them to go?
- Foodservice film with a deli tag?
- Pizza on a disk, overwrapped and then with a custom sticker?
- In a box like a pizzeria?